Sherry Black Foundation
Our mission is to create safer communities by using our resources to remove barriers in the criminal justice system in order to advance investigations.
The National Averages
of violent crimes are being solved
of sexual assaults are solved
of homicides are solved
What We Do
- 3-day training on Crime Assessment
- Interactive approach that can be applied to all violent crimes, both current and cold cases
- Ability to customize agenda to local needs and interests
- Inclusive of all criminal justice partners
- Dedicated time for unsolved case consultation
- Families or agencies may submit cases for consultation.
- Cases are evaluated for solvability factors
- Experts may provide on-site case review
"The Utah Department of Public Safety’s collaboration with Sherry Black Foundation is a valuable resource that has brought a unique training opportunity to law enforcement professionals in Utah. Thank you to Heidi and Greg Miller for their partnership in providing high quality training for criminal justice professionals."
Commissioner Keith D. Squires, Utah Department of Public Safety